Working Load Limit (WLL): The “Working Load Limit” (rated capacity) is the maximum load that shall be applied in direct tension to an undamaged straight length of chain, webbing, rope or fittings.
Chain Proof Testing
Once welded, the chain is proof-tested to the industry standard. Proof testing is the procedure whereby each link is tested to twice its Working Load Limit (WLL). By definition, the WLL is the maximum load the chain is warranted to handle.
- All Working Load Limits (WLL) shown in this catalog apply only to new or “in as new” condition products.
- USE ONLY GRADE 80, 100 or 120 Chain and Attachments for overhead lifting.
- B/A Products Co. chain products are intended to be used at or below the Working Load Limits (WLL) specified in constantly increasing force applications under direct tension or in a straight line pull.
- Shock loading is prohibited and side loading must be avoided as it exerts additional dynamic forces or loading which the product is not designed to accommodate.
- The conditions involving use in certain environmental situations such as unusual (high or low) temperature, chemicals, etc., can cause changes in chain performance.
- Consult B/A Products for additional information or questions regarding the use and application of the products covered in this catalog.
Always Inspect Your Products
The working load limits and the associated safety factor of our products may be affected by wear, misuse, overloading, corrosion, deformation, intentional alteration and other use conditions. Regular inspection must be conducted to determine whether use can be continued at the assigned Working Load Limit, a reduced Working Load Limit or whether the product must be withdrawn from service. The term “Working Load Limit” contains no implication of what load the product will withstand if the product is abused and/ or misused. B/A Products Co. accepts no liability for such abuse or misuse. THE USE OF CHAIN IS SUBJECT TO CERTAIN HAZARDS THAT CANNOT BE MET BY MECHANICAL MEANS, BUT ONLY BY THE EXERCISE OF INTELLIGENCE, CARE AND COMMON SENSE. Please visit www.nacm.info for added specifications & warnings.